Tintri’s recent announcement includes nine new Tintri VMstore T5000 all flash models with capacity expansion capabilities, VM Scale-out software, Tintri Analytics for predictive capacity and performance planning, and two new Tintri Cloud offerings.
The simplicity of VAS enables organizations to scale from 17 TB to 10 PB with a common platform and less than one full time employee dedicated to storage management.
Tintri Scale-out Storage Platform: Built on a VAS foundation for modern storage scale-out with the following features:
- Federated pool of storage. The federated node design treats multiple Tintri VMstores—both all-flash and hybrid-flash nodes—as a pool of storage, greatly simplifying management, planning and resource allocation.
- Scalability and performance. The storage platform is designed to scale to more than one million VMs. Separation of control flow from data flow ensures low latency and scalability to a very large number of storage nodes.
- Scale from small to very large with new and existing, all flash and hybrid, partially or fully populated systems.
- VM and software based. Based on software intelligence that delivers consistent performance for virtualized and cloud applications. It works across any standard high performance Ethernet network, eliminating the need for proprietary interconnects. The VM Scale-out software automatically provides best placement recommendation for VMs.
- Scale compute and storage independently. Loose coupling of storage and compute provides customers with maximum flexibility to scale these elements independently.
Tintri VMstore T5000 All-Flash With Expansion Capabilities: New configuration options for customers:
Tintri VMstore T5040, T5060 and T5080
Tintri first introduced the Tintri VMstore T5000 all-flash series in August 2015. Today, all three models, the T5040, T5060 and T5080, are updated with new capacity options ranging from 17 TB to 308 TB. These systems leverage the latest in 3D NAND technology and high density drives to offer organizations both higher capacity and lower $/GB. In the future, Tintri will also enable capacity upgrades with some of these models to allow customers to scale up their individual VMstores. Combined with VAS VM-level capabilities and VM Scale-out software, customers can scale with complete flexibility, growing from one Tintri T5040 all flash system to 32 fully populated T5080s.
- Predictive analytics derived from one million statistics collected every 10 minutes from 30 days of history, accounting for peak loads instead of average loads, for the most accurate predictions. Deep workload analysis identifies VMs that are growing rapidly and applies sophisticated algorithms to model the growth ahead and avoid resource constraints.
- Least-cost optimization based on multi-dimensional modeling. Control algorithm constantly optimizes across the thousands of VMs in each pool of VMstores, taking into account space savings, resources required by each VM, and the cost in time and data to move VMs, and makes the least-cost recommendation for VM migration that optimizes the pool.
- Retain VM policy settings and stats. When a VM is moved, not only are the snapshots moved with the VM, the statistics, protection and QoS policies migrate as well using efficient compressed and deduplicated replication protocol.
- Support for all major hypervisors.
Tintri has always offered real-time, VM-level analytics as part of its Tintri Operating System and Tintri Global Center management system. Today, this foundation expands to include a SaaS offering of predictive analytics that provides organizations the ability to model both capacity and performance requirements. Powered by big data engines such as Apache Spark and Elasticsearch, Tintri Analytics is capable of analyzing stats from 500,000 VMs over several years in one second. By mining the rich VM-level metadata, Tintri Analytics provides customers with information about their environment to help them make better decisions about applications’ behaviors and storage needs.
Tintri Cloud Suites
Tintri Cloud combines the power of the Tintri Scale-out platform and the performance of all-flash VMstores, with the simplicity of its extensive VAS software portfolio to enable organizations to build their own private cloud.
Customers can start with a single Tintri VMstore T5040 with 17 TB of effective capacity and scale out to the Tintri Foundation Cloud with 1.2 PB in as few as eight rack units. Or they can grow all the way to the Tintri Ultimate Cloud, which delivers a 10 PB cloud-ready storage infrastructure for up to 160,000 VMs, delivering over 6.4 million IOPS in 64 RU for less than $1/GB effective. And Tintri’s VM-aware storage is so easy to manage that organizations need less than one full time employee to manage their Tintri footprint as they scale from 17 TB to 10 PB.
Both the Foundation Cloud and Ultimate Cloud include Tintri’s complete set of software offerings for storage management, VM-level analytics, VM Scale-out, replication, QoS, and lifecycle management.
Tintri VMstore all-flash Availability and Packaging
The Tintri VMstore T5000 All-Flash Series with new capacity options is available later this month through Tintri and authorized Tintri resellers. Tintri Analytics is available immediately to customers with current Tintri VMstore support contracts.
Tintri Cost and Pricing
VM Scale-out will be available through Tintri Global Center Advanced (Tintri budgetary pricing and cost info is available here), which will be available in June 2016 as both a separate software license and a part of the Tintri Software Suite, which consists of Tintri Global Center Advanced, ReplicateVM, SecureVM and SyncVM. Existing Tintri Global Center Standard customers may also purchase upgrades to Tintri Global Center Advanced.
Tintri Foundation Cloud and Tintri Ultimate Cloud will be available for purchase in June 2016 through Tintri and authorized Tintri resellers.